Monday, June 29, 2009

"The Quest" for a Good Camp

Well, girls camp is now over. I'm not sure I feel much relief because I am so far behind on house work and yard work I still have allot to do. Our theme was "The Quest" and we all pretended to be pirates. Justin didn't get it he kept asking why are we going to the mountains to pretend to be pirates? I told him it was a girl thing. Now that camp is over, I still don't know if he 'gets' it. We had a good time despite the rain. We all go wet but there were not complaints. I think the girls were so good because if they were bad they had to carry around a bowling ball for an hour (camp rule). I had lots of fun with the girls and leaders. We learned about about each other. Here are a few pictures of our activities.
Mandy, teaching the Y-Strike in her self defense course. Oh, she is GOOD!

Justin had the girls build a rope bridge for their knot tying.

Here we are playing games, look at the beautiful rainbow!

We went on a 5 mile hike that was closer to a 6 mile hike. We had fun. There were a few that complained, but they had to carry rocks and that was the end of it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI: Angie is the BEST camp director ever!