Thursday, March 18, 2010

Where the Red Fern Grows

I have been a horrible blogger. Justin has been getting after me to do something. Quite honestly I think "whats the point" no one really looks at it. But after really thinking about it I figure it is good to record those funny, scary, sentimental, and special moments I would like to remember. So the plan is to do better.

One that note, our family has embarked on a new hobby. Justin has added a few dogs to our family. He has spent some time Mountain Lion hunting this winter and has become addicted. Now we have a hound dog we named "Kap." Our friend Mark also got a dog that lives with us. With this new adventure we have spent allot of time "trying" to catch raccoons so we can train the dogs. Let me just say, I never thought it would be so hard to catch a raccoon. This all leads me to tell you about "Where the Red Fern Grows."

Justin as been dieing to watch this move for a few weeks now. Yesterday he brought it home so we all set down to watch this classic. As you all may know the dogs die at the end. When it came to that sad moment, Easton was crushed. He cried and cried when the first dog died but when the second dog died be became hysterical. He was so sad. It even brought a tear to Justin's eye. My son has the most tender heart.

I on the other hand am the worst mother in the world because I was getting ready to go to volleyball and had to stay out the room because I was laughing. Don't get me wrong it was a very touching moment in the movie but I thought it was funny that he would react that way. Like I said, worst mother in the world not sympathizing with my son.

2 comments:

The Christians said...

I feel like no one reads my blog either, but I am happy you are blogging again I love to see what is going on. Jason also loves this movie and wants dogs. My mom says we might be joing you guys for Easter, that would be fun.

Casey and Jana said...

You don't realize how excited I am that you posted. I am a bad blogger too but since we don't see you guys very ofter its nice to see what you are up to and how things are going. I too am going to try harder to post more. That is if life will slow down for two seconds. Easton is such a sweet heart it is good that he has a tender side!! take care